Sunday, October 20, 2013

Changes

36 weeks today! At this point, if I went in to labor, Sully would be considered full term anyway, so there's nothing they would do to stop it. I made it! Now the waiting game begins. Honestly, Sully could come absolutely anytime he wants. No rush. But seriously. Anytime.

Sleep and I have been battling it out lately. My poor hips have been protesting the side-sleeping (which is all I can do), and let's just say they are pretty loud about it. Pains shooting down your leg have the tendency to keep you up at night. Not to mention, I just wake up for no reason at all... Today is the first day in a long time that I slept past five AM. It's glorious.

Our baby shower was last weekend. It was amazing. We had family up and friends coming in from Texas - it was incredible. Not to mention it was a baby shower for the history books. Ever been to a Wimbish/Mahaffey party? You're missing out. Plus, it was at our wonderful friends' house, and they certainly know how to have a good time. Everyone kept asking, "This is a baby shower?".. Yes, people.. It was a Wimbish/Mahaffey baby shower, and that's how we roll.

Sully's room still isn't organized. We had the epic baby shower last weekend, Sully got totally spoiled, and I've been meaning to get in there and get everything ready, but time and energy are not on my side. Sully's been acting up. I've been having what my doc says are regular contractions on top of Braxton Hicks on top of just feeling like utter crap. I've been trying to suck it up and just battle through my normal day with a smile on my face while trying to ignore these things, but it's not easy. Just yesterday, I had a craft fair I was participating in with a friend, and it was awesome to showcase all of our hard work. But by the time I got home at 2:30, I felt like I was going to die. Went to bed and stayed there for three hours. Got up only to move my ass to the couch. Totally over-did it, but the limitations I have right now are driving me nuts!

The doctor has me at home right now, "laying low." I'm not working (I may or may not go back, depending on what doc says), and I'm really just trying to rest as much as possible. My house is dirty and disorganized, which drives me bat sh*t crazy, but I'm trying to listen to what my body is telling me. Thank God for Netflix, crocheting, and my books. I'm even starting to write again, so maybe the inactivity is a blessing in disguise.

I just can't wait for the little bugger to get here! Not only because I'm ready to evict his royal cuteness and not be pregnant anymore, but I'm ready to finally meet him. People ask me if I'm nervous, and I can honestly say that I'm not. Not about the labor or about figuring out what the hell we are doing... I figure it'll come to us. It won't be easy, I'm under no delusions, but I don't think it's anything to freak out about. I'm focusing on all the fun we are going to have (it's not difficult to do), and that overshadows any doubts or fears.

My whole perspective on babies has changed. In the past, I'd see a picture of a baby, shrug my shoulders and go about the rest of my day. Not that I didn't appreciate that the parents were excited, I just couldn't share in that excitement. I've never been one to be totally in love with babies - it was kind of a take it or leave it. In fact, they kind of freaked me out. I even questioned myself on more than one occasion if I even wanted to have one of my own or just keep things the way they were. But now that it's here, I get excited seeing little ones. I've even started to notice what kind of strollers or carseats people use - God help me - it's a place I never thought I'd be in.


Cheers!







1 comment:

  1. This is so AWESOME! always love reading it...funny and very true!

    love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!!! Eventually, I'll get a book made of this blog for Sully to look at when he's older!